By Scott M. James
- The first common creation to evolutionary ethics
- Provides a entire survey of labor in 3 specified components of study: cognitive psychology, normative ethics, and metaethics
- Presents the main updated examine on hand in either psychology and philosophy
- Written in a fascinating and available kind for undergraduates and the normal reader
- Discusses the evolution of morality, broadening its relevance to these learning psychology
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Evolutionary Ethics PDF
Best ethics & morality books
This publication examines the important questions of ethics via a examine of theories of correct and improper which are present in the nice moral works of Western philosophy. It makes a speciality of theories that proceed to have an important presence within the box. The middle chapters hide egoism, the eudaimonism of Plato and Aristotle, act and rule utilitarianism, glossy common legislations concept, Kant's ethical concept, and existentialist ethics.
When you consider Humility what do you spot? you might imagine concerning the method somebody contains themselves, their way of life, the auto they force or perhaps the place they reside. The phrases piety, frugality or maybe worry could are evoked. notwithstanding, it is going means past this as you'll find by way of studying this e-book.
In Nature Ethics: An Ecofeminist standpoint, Marti Kheel explores the underlying worldview of nature ethics, supplying an alternate ecofeminist standpoint. She makes a speciality of 4 favorite representatives of holist philosophy: early conservationists (Theodore Roosevelt and Aldo Leopold) and modern philosophers (Holmes Rolston III, and transpersonal ecologist Warwick Fox).
Many nice thinkers have wrestled with the subject of evil. St. Thomas Aquinas's disputed query On Evil merges because the longest and so much accomplished learn just about evil on hand. This long-awaited translation relies at the severe version of the Latin textual content released by way of the Leonine fee in 1982.
Additional info for An Introduction to Evolutionary Ethics
An Introduction to Evolutionary Ethics by Scott M. James