By Rosalie F. Baker,Charles F. Baker
* The brilliant Imhotep, who set the normal for pyramid-building
* Nefertiti, the popular beauty
* Khufu, the builder of the nice Pyramid
* Hatshepsut, a lady pharaoh who defied culture and known as herself "king"
* Tutankhamun, whose tomb unveiled excellent riches
* Rameses the nice, the final majestic king of historic Egypt
* Ptahhotep, the good philosopher and statesman for King Izezi
Ancient Egyptians unearths how Egyptian society was once developed, its religions, burial rituals, structure, and the background and practices of archaeology that experience introduced all this data to light.
Read or Download Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles) PDF
Similar children's history nonfiction books
This package deal booklet is a compilation of 4 of KidCaps best promoting heritage books; it's the first in a two-part quantity. the 1st quantity offers the next topics in a simple to appreciate structure that children love:*Jamestown*The Continental Convention*The Louisiana Purchase*The Lewis and Clark day trip
Christian Nürnberger erzählt von Frauen und Männern, die den Mut zum Widerstand hatten: Mut, Hitlers Pläne zu durchkreuzen, Mut, Hitlers Befehle zu verweigern, Mut, Menschenleben zu retten:Dietrich Bonhoeffer - Willy Brandt - Georg Elser - Mildred Harnack - Robert Havemann - Fritz Kolbe - Janusz Korczak - Helmuth James Graf von Moltke - Martin Niemöller - Sophie Scholl - Irena Sendler - Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg"Mutige Menschen verbindet auf überzeugende Weise fundierte historische info mit politischem Engagement auf sprachlich hohem Niveau.
From the acclaimed writer of the good and in basic terms Barnum—as good because the Lincolns, Our Eleanor, and Ben Franklin's Almanac—comes the exciting tale of America's such a lot celebrated flyer, Amelia Earhart. In alternating chapters, Fleming deftly strikes readers from side to side among Amelia's existence (from youth up until eventually her final flight) and the exhaustive look for her and her lacking aircraft.
A gorgeously illustrated tale a couple of kinfolk of Egyptian embalmers that might enthrall teenagers with its mummy-making information and brilliantly painted pages. From artist and Egypt expert Tamara Bower comes her 3rd, stunning booklet approximately historic Egypt. utilizing the vintage type of Egyptian artwork, the ebook is painstakingly actual in evidence and illustrative variety.
- Bomb: The Race to Build--and Steal--the World's Most Dangerous Weapon (Newbery Honor Book)
- The Holocaust Lady
- Christmas Traditions around the World (World Traditions)
- America in the 1970s (Decades of American History)
Extra info for Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles)
Ancient Egyptians: People of the Pyramids (Oxford Profiles) by Rosalie F. Baker,Charles F. Baker